macfan881
Sep 12, 03:29 PM
With The New Get Album artwork is it possible now to update the Artwork to the ipod now? :confused: cause i dont see any of the artwork that i have gotten on my ipod
seek3r
May 3, 10:25 AM
So, with TB moving across the whole line, how long before we can buy a (Data | Display) splitter for TB so that people using the new systems can use external displays and the data connection at the same time without the PITA of daily chaining? Hope before I buy a new system :/
Still USB 2.0
Meh.
You'll need to wait for Ivy Bridge for USB3, that's when Intel is incorporating it into their chip sets. Did you really expect USB3 with this update? It's not like Apple has been incorporating non-Intel USB3 controllers in any other updated systems... We'll get it when Intel makes Apple get it, and not a moment before :-(
Still USB 2.0
Meh.
You'll need to wait for Ivy Bridge for USB3, that's when Intel is incorporating it into their chip sets. Did you really expect USB3 with this update? It's not like Apple has been incorporating non-Intel USB3 controllers in any other updated systems... We'll get it when Intel makes Apple get it, and not a moment before :-(
ciTiger
May 3, 11:09 AM
That's nice from Apple, I personally find the Magic Mouse useless for what I do, it's just a nice toy. And a Trackpad would be more useful just for the Multitouch Gestures in combination with a Real Mouse
My thoughts exactly!
I remember watching the keynote where some top guy from Apple demoed onthe iLife things and he didn't seem to handle the magic mouse that well... Sometimes he had to repeat the gesture 2 or 3 times to get it right...
My thoughts exactly!
I remember watching the keynote where some top guy from Apple demoed onthe iLife things and he didn't seem to handle the magic mouse that well... Sometimes he had to repeat the gesture 2 or 3 times to get it right...
obeygiant
Apr 11, 01:22 AM
Ikea's doing it because they can get away with it. They know labor laws in the US are there to protect the employer, not the employee. They couldn't do this back home in Sweden.
Who is passing all the anti-union legislation? The right or the left?
Are you referring to the public-sector unions that workers must join and must pay dues to? Because Unions exist everywhere in just about every field. How would the recent push against public sector unions collective bargaining effect this private company? It seems IKEA has the power to mistreat its employees because they're desperate for work. They've even hired a firm to "convince" the workers not to unionize.
As Ugg pointed out, the 'right' has pushed for anti-union policies, including 'right-to-work' status for states like Virginia. That said, I don't think this is a 'right' or 'left' issue per se, but rather a gleeful removal of worker's rights to garner jobs—regardless of the health of a community funded by low-wage, short-term positions.
yes, but I'm looking for evidence that the workers are unable to unionize due to a law that the "right" has passed.
Who is passing all the anti-union legislation? The right or the left?
Are you referring to the public-sector unions that workers must join and must pay dues to? Because Unions exist everywhere in just about every field. How would the recent push against public sector unions collective bargaining effect this private company? It seems IKEA has the power to mistreat its employees because they're desperate for work. They've even hired a firm to "convince" the workers not to unionize.
As Ugg pointed out, the 'right' has pushed for anti-union policies, including 'right-to-work' status for states like Virginia. That said, I don't think this is a 'right' or 'left' issue per se, but rather a gleeful removal of worker's rights to garner jobs—regardless of the health of a community funded by low-wage, short-term positions.
yes, but I'm looking for evidence that the workers are unable to unionize due to a law that the "right" has passed.
DavidLeblond
Apr 20, 11:34 AM
Has to have some back and forth that could be tracked.
GPS devices don't transmit. I think they'd have a much shorter of a battery life if they were sending signals to the satellite.
GPS devices don't transmit. I think they'd have a much shorter of a battery life if they were sending signals to the satellite.
nemaslov
Sep 15, 06:10 PM
then why can't McGiver (MacGiver) make it right now?:D
Cougarcat
Apr 30, 03:49 PM
SB + Mediocre GPU = meh :(
A 2560x1440 screen deserves more than some lame mobile gpu.
Given the thickness of the machine, a mobile GPU is the only thing that will fit.
A 2560x1440 screen deserves more than some lame mobile gpu.
Given the thickness of the machine, a mobile GPU is the only thing that will fit.
BRLawyer
Aug 31, 02:13 PM
I have just called SJ, and he told me the following:
- iTMS Movie Store;
- MBPs with Merom, and the new MBP 12";
- MacMini with Core Duo;
- iMacs with Conroe;
- Apple IIGS 2006 Edition.
- iTMS Movie Store;
- MBPs with Merom, and the new MBP 12";
- MacMini with Core Duo;
- iMacs with Conroe;
- Apple IIGS 2006 Edition.
Evangelion
Aug 29, 03:37 AM
this goes to show how behind apple is in updating.
clearly they arent ready to adapt to an intel platform. the cant even make simple processor adjustments on time!
all the major companies have made this transition.
Yes, Apple is doomed because the are few days behind in announcing their new laptops :rolleyes:. Obviously hordes of people are rushing to buy Toshibas and Dells (which might not ship for several weeks, for all we know) as we speak, and unless Apple IMMEDIATELY updates their products, they are doomed. DOOMED I tells ya!
clearly they arent ready to adapt to an intel platform. the cant even make simple processor adjustments on time!
all the major companies have made this transition.
Yes, Apple is doomed because the are few days behind in announcing their new laptops :rolleyes:. Obviously hordes of people are rushing to buy Toshibas and Dells (which might not ship for several weeks, for all we know) as we speak, and unless Apple IMMEDIATELY updates their products, they are doomed. DOOMED I tells ya!
MattyMac
Aug 23, 05:13 PM
Who's Creative? :rolleyes:
boxandrew
Sep 5, 01:26 PM
My question is, will the movies have subtitles/captioning. As a hearing impaired user, that's the deal breaker for me. If they do have captioning, I can see myself purchasing a few movies once in a while (Though I'd still rather have DVDs most of the time). If not, no way.
I've been wondering this ever since the TV shows started coming out. And it's not only a big problem for hearing impaired users... it also means that you can't watch foreign films in the original language.
I've been wondering this ever since the TV shows started coming out. And it's not only a big problem for hearing impaired users... it also means that you can't watch foreign films in the original language.
airamerica
Oct 27, 11:11 AM
I know the planet is doomed and that we are all going to drown under super high sea levels BUT I just can't see the point in groups like Greenpeace.
I mean, they bang on about this and that, looking for big companies to target. It just stinks... Have you seen that raft (boat) they sail around in - it is hardly a pin-up for ecological travel.
Greenpeace you are a product of the 20th Century, turning to ever more desperate methods to get your message out. Take your tree hugging ideology and put it to good use somewhere else - fight Aids, cure cancer, help the disabled etc.
Apple and it's partners or competitors crack on! Do your thing, if you can become 'green', go for it. If not, we're all doomed anyway!
AA
I mean, they bang on about this and that, looking for big companies to target. It just stinks... Have you seen that raft (boat) they sail around in - it is hardly a pin-up for ecological travel.
Greenpeace you are a product of the 20th Century, turning to ever more desperate methods to get your message out. Take your tree hugging ideology and put it to good use somewhere else - fight Aids, cure cancer, help the disabled etc.
Apple and it's partners or competitors crack on! Do your thing, if you can become 'green', go for it. If not, we're all doomed anyway!
AA
JobsRules
Oct 27, 10:57 AM
Shopping malls are private property, rented out in parcels at extremely high prices, so their tenants can run their shops with a perceived better shot at attracting passers-by than if they had a stand-alone store.
If you owned your own shop and some people kept standing out in front of your store without your permission, handing out political flyers, you'd probably run them off, right? In this case, the owners of the shopping mall are providing a similar service to the merchants paying to be there. It's FAR from a "public space".
You miss my point. My local town centre mall is a huge sprawling beast that was built on top of what used to be public streets. There are now moves to privatise publicaly owned shopping areas so you really do get severe erosion of genuine public spaces.
If you owned your own shop and some people kept standing out in front of your store without your permission, handing out political flyers, you'd probably run them off, right? In this case, the owners of the shopping mall are providing a similar service to the merchants paying to be there. It's FAR from a "public space".
You miss my point. My local town centre mall is a huge sprawling beast that was built on top of what used to be public streets. There are now moves to privatise publicaly owned shopping areas so you really do get severe erosion of genuine public spaces.
DJTJ
Apr 22, 11:49 AM
Why would you think that? The Intel IGP can drive the same resolution on the 15" just fine.
then why did apple cripple the 13" macbook pro's with ****** resolution then?
then why did apple cripple the 13" macbook pro's with ****** resolution then?
dockingbay94
Apr 11, 05:22 PM
Great news for those of us using a mac mini as a HTPC.
extraextra
Sep 26, 10:37 AM
I'm surprised at all the Cingular hate here. At least in the D.C. area, the word is that they have the best coverage available - better than Verizon, who was the previous benchmark before the merger.
Me too. I have Cingular and it works great. I mostly hear complaining from people who live outside of big metropolitan cities though, so maybe that's where all these people are from?
Well, I checked Cingular's map (http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/cell-phone-service/maps/pop_mapfinder.jsp?mapt=nationalMap) and they seem to have fine coverage. Maybe everyone lives in Alaska. :p
Me too. I have Cingular and it works great. I mostly hear complaining from people who live outside of big metropolitan cities though, so maybe that's where all these people are from?
Well, I checked Cingular's map (http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/cell-phone-service/maps/pop_mapfinder.jsp?mapt=nationalMap) and they seem to have fine coverage. Maybe everyone lives in Alaska. :p
aafuss1
Sep 4, 07:12 PM
Same imac with more disk space, faster processor, 23'' screen, better wireless, maybe a second disk drive, and the same price as the old 20 Incher.
Happens every 8 to 12 months, more offten now with Intel.:cool:
No next gen DVD in the 23" yet, I guess.
Happens every 8 to 12 months, more offten now with Intel.:cool:
No next gen DVD in the 23" yet, I guess.
BobbyDigital
Sep 13, 11:20 PM
Hello everyone! I've been a daily MacRumors.com nerd for about 2 years now, but I never took the time to register until today...
I am definitely going to buy an Apple phone when and if it becomes available. I'm sure they'll get the design and interface right, as they always do. I saw someone post something on here (or maybe it was another recent thread) claiming their friend saw the Apple phone branded as a Samsung at a mobile phone convention just recently (which I totally doubt, they would never bring it out in public before release)... I think they're talking about this phone:
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadgetmobile.com/media/2006/08/sgh-z610.jpg
Samsung SGH-Z610 (http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/08/29/samsungs-touchscreen-sgh-z610-sees-fcc-approval/)
I love the design of it, but I'm really not sure if Apple would abondon the click wheel on their first step into the cell phone market. One part of me wishes they would go with a full touch screen, but I think the click wheel will make it easier to market to the masses of iPod lovers.
I am definitely going to buy an Apple phone when and if it becomes available. I'm sure they'll get the design and interface right, as they always do. I saw someone post something on here (or maybe it was another recent thread) claiming their friend saw the Apple phone branded as a Samsung at a mobile phone convention just recently (which I totally doubt, they would never bring it out in public before release)... I think they're talking about this phone:
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadgetmobile.com/media/2006/08/sgh-z610.jpg
Samsung SGH-Z610 (http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/08/29/samsungs-touchscreen-sgh-z610-sees-fcc-approval/)
I love the design of it, but I'm really not sure if Apple would abondon the click wheel on their first step into the cell phone market. One part of me wishes they would go with a full touch screen, but I think the click wheel will make it easier to market to the masses of iPod lovers.
roadbloc
Apr 22, 07:21 AM
This sounds great..... will it be free?
Is the world flat?
Is the world flat?
dethmaShine
Apr 20, 10:43 AM
You gave it permission. Location Services is enabled on your phone, and apps that require the data ask your permission, and almost any system level service keep logs.
Fair enough. I don't know what's the big deal.
Fair enough. I don't know what's the big deal.
kwerle
Mar 29, 11:15 AM
Just out of idle curiosity: is IDC ever right? Ever nearly right?
chrono1081
Apr 4, 11:53 AM
Guys if you read the article the robber completely deserved it. Gunfire was exchanged, meaning they shot at the security guard who rightfully dispatched the piece of **** criminal.
I know for many in this thread its easy to play armchair security guard but in real life, if someone shoots at you and you know its you or them I'm pretty sure you'd shoot back.
I know for many in this thread its easy to play armchair security guard but in real life, if someone shoots at you and you know its you or them I'm pretty sure you'd shoot back.
GGJstudios
Mar 16, 04:59 PM
It this utter ignorance and false sense of security in the Mac user base that I would use to my advantage if I were a cyber-criminal.
It's neither ignorance nor a false sense of security. It's an awareness that virus threats don't exist and no antivirus can protect against something that doesn't exist.
I've seen more than enough evidence over the past few years to tell me that it's far from safe.
No OS is immune to malware, but it's impossible to protect yourself from something that does not yet exist.
The latest Safari/Webkit hacking contest result alone should be enough to cause any reasonable person to take notice.
Hacking a browser and creating a virus that can infect Mac OS X are two different animals.
I think a few people will be changing their tunes the day the crap finally hits the fan.
The day it "hits the fan", news sites and forums will be buzzing about the threat, making most Mac users aware. At that time a protection to the threat will be introduced. Only an extremely minute percentage of Mac users are likely to ever be infected, should that ever happen. Any antivirus apps installed today will be completely useless in defending against a newly-introduced virus, because they simply don't know what to look for.
It's neither ignorance nor a false sense of security. It's an awareness that virus threats don't exist and no antivirus can protect against something that doesn't exist.
I've seen more than enough evidence over the past few years to tell me that it's far from safe.
No OS is immune to malware, but it's impossible to protect yourself from something that does not yet exist.
The latest Safari/Webkit hacking contest result alone should be enough to cause any reasonable person to take notice.
Hacking a browser and creating a virus that can infect Mac OS X are two different animals.
I think a few people will be changing their tunes the day the crap finally hits the fan.
The day it "hits the fan", news sites and forums will be buzzing about the threat, making most Mac users aware. At that time a protection to the threat will be introduced. Only an extremely minute percentage of Mac users are likely to ever be infected, should that ever happen. Any antivirus apps installed today will be completely useless in defending against a newly-introduced virus, because they simply don't know what to look for.
sal
Apr 4, 12:38 PM
Had this security guard done nothing and instead hide in a corner somewhere like most of you would, I could only imagine some of the comments you guys would post.
security guards in general get so much heat from the general population. Armed guards are there to protect life and property. they don't respond like they should in these situations, they aren't doing their job. Most guards, don't do their job and this is why they get ridiculed. this guard does his job and you get people saying things like "security guards shouldn't carry guns, OMG"
Rent-a-cops have guns? And shoot people IN THE HEAD? I'm amazed.
pretty amazing huh? I use to do armed security. Sometimes when I do duty without a gun, I'd get all kinds of wise-ass side remarks about being a rent a cop. when I carried my gun, I got nothing but respect. the "rent-a-cop" remarks stopped. or maybe they just said it very low so I couldn't hear. Not sure why, I am not going to shoot anyone for an insult :D
and yes, if my life or those I am working to protect are threatened by you, this "rent-a-cop" would shoot you in order to save my life or those around me. No questions asked.
How sad,
I mean a person lost his life because of his actions, and the guard now has to live with the fact that he took a life.
when you take your permit to carry a gun, they make it a point NOT to get your permit if you are not emotionally capable of handling taking someone's life. You don't wear a gun for show, you wear it for protection. if you come from the mentality that you could never shoot someone, even if your own life or those around you in is in danger, then leave your gun at home and pick a different job.
I'm sorry but those guys deserved it. Why should the mall guard have to wait until his life in in danger before putting someone else's life in danger?
it's the law, otherwise you open up yourself to be thrown in jail or face a civil lawsuit. the judge has to see that without a reasonable doubt, your life was in danger and you did what was needed in order to protect it or protect the life of those around you.
it's a judgement call you have to make and sometimes it's not an easy one to make because there are so many variables. Having an adrenaline rush and chaos all around you, makes it very easy to make mistakes. such as shooting a suspect as he is running away. missing shots and hitting bystanders. Pulling the trigger preemptively and killing someone without a "real" threat.
the messed part is that armed security guards, don't get the same type of protection police get. Had this been a police shooting, I bet half of these responses would be different.
security guards in general get so much heat from the general population. Armed guards are there to protect life and property. they don't respond like they should in these situations, they aren't doing their job. Most guards, don't do their job and this is why they get ridiculed. this guard does his job and you get people saying things like "security guards shouldn't carry guns, OMG"
Rent-a-cops have guns? And shoot people IN THE HEAD? I'm amazed.
pretty amazing huh? I use to do armed security. Sometimes when I do duty without a gun, I'd get all kinds of wise-ass side remarks about being a rent a cop. when I carried my gun, I got nothing but respect. the "rent-a-cop" remarks stopped. or maybe they just said it very low so I couldn't hear. Not sure why, I am not going to shoot anyone for an insult :D
and yes, if my life or those I am working to protect are threatened by you, this "rent-a-cop" would shoot you in order to save my life or those around me. No questions asked.
How sad,
I mean a person lost his life because of his actions, and the guard now has to live with the fact that he took a life.
when you take your permit to carry a gun, they make it a point NOT to get your permit if you are not emotionally capable of handling taking someone's life. You don't wear a gun for show, you wear it for protection. if you come from the mentality that you could never shoot someone, even if your own life or those around you in is in danger, then leave your gun at home and pick a different job.
I'm sorry but those guys deserved it. Why should the mall guard have to wait until his life in in danger before putting someone else's life in danger?
it's the law, otherwise you open up yourself to be thrown in jail or face a civil lawsuit. the judge has to see that without a reasonable doubt, your life was in danger and you did what was needed in order to protect it or protect the life of those around you.
it's a judgement call you have to make and sometimes it's not an easy one to make because there are so many variables. Having an adrenaline rush and chaos all around you, makes it very easy to make mistakes. such as shooting a suspect as he is running away. missing shots and hitting bystanders. Pulling the trigger preemptively and killing someone without a "real" threat.
the messed part is that armed security guards, don't get the same type of protection police get. Had this been a police shooting, I bet half of these responses would be different.
No comments:
Post a Comment