Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Yesterday Today Tomorrow

Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Yesterday Today Tomorrow
  • Yesterday Today Tomorrow



  • HecubusPro
    Sep 14, 09:29 AM
    What is it with some of you guys? Does hope spring eternal, or what!

    Apple could be at a medical convention to promote the new artificial Apple iHeart and some of you would be jumping up and down screaming: "Yahoo, this means MBP updates".

    What's with us? We want C2D MBP's. That's all.

    Though I'm very interested to see what's going to be announced at this event, outside of MBP's.





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Yesterday Today And Tomorrow
  • Yesterday Today And Tomorrow



  • tehreflex
    Apr 11, 07:16 AM
    Now Apple is going to sue him.





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Yesterday Today Tomorrow.
  • Yesterday Today Tomorrow.



  • daneoni
    Sep 12, 04:30 PM
    Educated guess would be "big" iPod sales will slump whilst the Nanos & Shuffles will skyrocket.





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
  • Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow



  • camomac
    Sep 15, 05:44 PM
    there are a number of phones out in Europe already that have 3MP cameras, Nokia N73 and the sony ericsson w800i to name a few.

    Edit: its the Sony ericsson K800, not the w800

    why is the US so far behind Europe with this kind of technology?


    (edit: maybe it isn't i haven't shopped for a phone in nearly a year)





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
  • Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow



  • askthedust
    Sep 12, 02:20 PM
    I'm in the same boat, just bought mah-jong for my video ipod and it won't drag in. and itunes says my software is "up to date":mad:





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Lovesongs - Yesterday, Today amp;
  • Lovesongs - Yesterday, Today amp;



  • Maccus Aurelius
    Oct 27, 02:26 PM
    What seriously kills me about all this is that those sensationalist chimpanzees from GP rally against a computer company that presently has roughly 6% (or less) of the computer market....almost every throw away computer I've ever seen were Compaqs, HP's, Dells, Gateways/e-Machines, and a few other generic crap boxes from some nameless plastic factory stuffing windoze in a toaster. Seriously, Greenpeace goofballs should stop stargazing up their rectums and take a look at the largest contributors of hardware refuse. Macs as far as I know are not easily tossed out. apple computers have been primarily hand me downs unless some terrible accident happened rendering it useless. seriously, no one throws away a functioning mac, unless they decided lead paint makes for good breakfast cereal.

    How many of these sap-chugging numbskulls go after Dell for making computers that generally end up being sidewalk fodder? perhaps they should invest their energies into designing the green computer, since they seem to have so much gloriously skilled scientists at their disposal to expose the evil apple. Go team planet!





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Lovesongs - Yesterday, Today amp;
  • Lovesongs - Yesterday, Today amp;



  • Yankee617
    Apr 20, 12:26 PM
    WOW this is a major privacy breach.

    With any cell phone (smart or otherwise) the telephone networks have been able to track your movements. All you need to do is to keep it turned on. Not much you can do about this, except hope they don't exercise that ability. Turning the device off frequently can help somewhat... they don't know where you've been (or where your device has been) when the device is turned off.

    So I'm going to buy an iPad (Wi-Fi only). I'll either turn it off or close the cover (putting it to sleep) when I'm not using it. I would like to see old location data automatically deleted and to have the option of not backing up location data.

    Does the MBP have anything similar inside? No reason why it couldn't.





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Kenny Loggins - Yesterday
  • Kenny Loggins - Yesterday



  • VicMacs
    Sep 9, 01:57 AM
    now is the Xeon processor faster than the core 2 duo?





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
  • Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow



  • Skika
    Apr 28, 03:20 PM
    Cheers!





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Yesterday, today, tomorrow
  • Yesterday, today, tomorrow



  • Some_Big_Spoon
    Sep 9, 06:47 PM
    I was credit card in hand when these were released, but I stopped myself. I'd like to wait a bit and see the 64 bit boost (if there is any), and Leopard in general.

    I feel like these are speed demons, but I can't take advantage of a lot of it due to my heavy use of CS2 and the in-between feeling of Apple's apps/OS right now.

    The second Leopard is out, I'm on the 24" iMac train.





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Get yesterday today tomorrow d
  • Get yesterday today tomorrow d



  • Dr.Gargoyle
    Sep 10, 08:26 AM
    For certain types of work, 8 cores is not a lot and in fact still not enough - believe it or not.
    My point as just that if intel doubles the number of cores every 6th month, I believe that lifespan of a Mac is going to be substantially shorter. I doubt that the people who just bought a new MacPro realized that their computer would be as fast as an "entry level" computer within a year. Old Macs, like my own MDD, will be deemed to live in a time-bubble with now means of interacting with newer computers.
    Things have certainly changed after the PPC ->x86 transition.





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. yesterday-today-and-
  • yesterday-today-and-



  • Hal Jordan
    Apr 20, 08:21 PM
    From Nilay's post:



    The first four seem flimsy in light this..

    http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/392/algoq.jpg


    Wow. Good find. How is Apple even gonna dispute that.

    Bottom Line, with this lawsuit, Apple has clearly declared they see Samsung as a very real threat. Samsung is MASSIVE. They are a true OEM. Look how they were able to pull off a revised Galaxy Tab 10.1 in a span of 2 months. That's true OEM muscle being flexed. Apple Knows this, hence their request to have the Galaxy devices removed from market.

    What an absolute joke. I'm still a little shocked Apple is even suing.





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Lovesongs - Yesterday, Today amp;
  • Lovesongs - Yesterday, Today amp;



  • toddybody
    Apr 30, 03:44 PM
    SB + Mediocre GPU = meh :(

    A 2560x1440 screen deserves more than some lame mobile gpu.





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. in Yesterday, Today and
  • in Yesterday, Today and



  • akadmon
    Sep 14, 12:11 PM
    Can someone explain to me why Apple would release new MBPs at an event named after a retired Russian female shot-put thrower?:confused:





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Yesterday+today+tomorrow+
  • Yesterday+today+tomorrow+



  • Hattig
    Mar 29, 12:33 PM
    when closing an application in OS X is as easy as clicking an X in the top right corner let me know

    Who cares about quitting applications these days?

    Sure, closing windows (which is the Mac OS function for clicking on the window close button - whoa, difficult concept!) is required, but quitting apps is surely a far rarer thing, that shouldn't be accidentally invoked - hence it is behind a menu, or a keyboard shortcut. May I also point out that cmd+Q is a lot easier to type than alt+F4, and makes sense as an application level command?

    But quitting apps? Why? We're not running on slow CPUs with limited RAM any more. Even our phones only quit applications upon operating system demand, and they cleverly suspend the application state to be restored upon restart. This is coming to Mac OS X Lion, and not before time. Quitting applications is the exception, not the rule.





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
  • Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow



  • ct-scan
    Oct 12, 12:51 PM
    They might as well add a Core 2 Duo Mac Book Pro too.

    Hehe...this topic goes everywhere! ;)





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Dream Tomorrow, Live Today
  • Dream Tomorrow, Live Today



  • shawnce
    Aug 23, 08:42 PM
    Well, it wasn't just this lawsuit. Five lawsuits were settled @ $20M a suit + no distractions of dragging this out... Plus they now are paid up FOREVER to use this license + they could recoup some money if Licenses are granted to others... doesn't sound as drastic as $100M is suddenly down the toilet. There's some value there for Apple. Apple appears even to be booking the license as an asset on their balance (http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/174096756/m/560002960831?r=945004960831#945004960831) sheet and hence the cost of it will be amortized overtime (asset depreciation).





    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Yesterday, Today amp; Tomorrow
  • Yesterday, Today amp; Tomorrow



  • Mitch1984
    Sep 14, 10:31 AM
    Well let's see, the picture is a camera, so I believe it will somehow relate to pro users and photographers.

    Thus I believe it will be:






    Yesterday Today Tomorrow. Yesterday, Tomorrow, Today…
  • Yesterday, Tomorrow, Today…



  • bad03xtreme
    Apr 4, 12:12 PM
    Good for the guard darwinism at it's best.





    BRLawyer
    Apr 30, 06:19 PM
    I understand where you are coming from. With your feet planted in set in concrete, unable to fathom future developments based on the experimental or high-end tech of the day, the Blu-Ray seems endlessly of value. Much like the tape reels of the 60s.

    The BluRay is going away for one very specific reason: mechanical. By 2016 the flash memory chips for 50gb will probably be so everyday and cheap that bulky, mechanical BluRay will seem awkward. By 2019 I'd bet you can store several times more than a BluRay on medium-priced thumb-drive.

    Proof? Look back 6 years when a 1gb thumb-drive was a huge chunk of cash. Look back 10 years when a 512MB thumb-drive was almost prohibitive to buy. The future is non-mechanical.

    Absolutely right, as I have demonstrated this over and over again in previous posts. BR (and not BD as Sony wants you to have it) is dead in the water.

    Not only for "mechanical" reasons, but first and foremost for the simple fact that it brings little added value over DVD (contrary to what happened between VHS and DVD back in the day). DVD in both industrialized and developing markets is still KING; just look at the shelves of electronics stores.

    Apple is more than wise to keep its distance from the BR crap.





    p0intblank
    Sep 14, 09:46 AM
    YES!!! We just had an Apple event and we're having another one?! I love looking forward to these. Obviously Aperture 2.0 is going to be showed off, but what else? I'm hoping for new Cinema Displays, but that's kind of doubtful. Probably updated MacBook Pros will be announced. :)





    Shadow
    Oct 27, 09:47 AM
    I. Hate. Greenpeace. I've wasted seconds of my life 'listening' to them and its all rubbish.
    http://www.apple.com/environment/





    Dr.Gargoyle
    Sep 10, 12:48 PM
    Some applications just can't be multithreaded and writing reliable multi threaded applications is damned hard still.

    Back in the early 90s I was using ICL DAPs which had a grid of 1024 CPUs. You could fly through a Mandlebrot set in realtime or analyse weather patterns quicker than anything else at the time short of a couple of Crays. A Mac SE/30 however was quicker at handling files and we used to use that to handle the normal stuff.
    1024 CPUs??? WOW... and I thought I had nasty simulations. :o
    Still, dont you think that it is a terrible waste of computing power if the app doesnt take advantage of multiple processors, eventhough it might be very hard to write such an app? This is really not my field and I know far too little to have an opinion, so take it for what it is worth.





    sixth
    Aug 29, 08:04 AM
    RIGHT...good joke guys...



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...