
FireStar
Oct 10, 01:55 PM
I disagree. After all, its in the USA and shipping times are slashed. I bought a couple iPhone cases and whenever I've had issues with the case, they always solved it. I can't say the same about sellers from Hong Kong that just don't care.
It's ok, if you're going to be using it for a full time case.
It's ok, if you're going to be using it for a full time case.
AhmedFaisal
Apr 11, 10:08 PM
Learned how to drive with stick shift, normal since it's Germany and stick shifts are the norm. Drove stick until I started working in sales. Had to drive a car from the fleet that was a stick for about a year. Nothing turns you off driving stick more than having a job where you drive all day in heavy city traffic. Switched to DCTs ever since.
Funny, in Germany it was tough for a long time to get topline engines or sports cars with automatic. Volkswagen was notorious for that. It was virtually impossible to get an AWD Diesel with Automatic for a long time.
Funny, in Germany it was tough for a long time to get topline engines or sports cars with automatic. Volkswagen was notorious for that. It was virtually impossible to get an AWD Diesel with Automatic for a long time.
Yankee617
Apr 21, 12:58 PM
I could see this as a concern for politicians and celebrities whose locations might be used as fodder for tabloid gossip. Maybe a couple going through a divorce could use the data to substantiate an affair.
Or you could use this information to supply an alibi... just leave your iPhone at home while you go to (distant Location-Y) to perform (nefarious Activity-2)... or lend it to (good Buddy-Beta) who testifies you were with him and the iPhone information supports this alibi.
It helps to know the information is being collected... it even helps those who are not so innocent.
Or you could use this information to supply an alibi... just leave your iPhone at home while you go to (distant Location-Y) to perform (nefarious Activity-2)... or lend it to (good Buddy-Beta) who testifies you were with him and the iPhone information supports this alibi.
It helps to know the information is being collected... it even helps those who are not so innocent.
balamw
Sep 6, 06:42 PM
This brings up another point. There are a lot of "hackers" out there who, I would think, wouldn't have a lot of difficulty breaking encryption or copy protection on the possible movie rentals from iTunes. I think that would be another reason Apple would avoid rentals.
Don't be so sure. The iTunes 6 audio DRM has only just been broken after almost 11 months of fervent effort, and as far as I know the video DRM has yet to be broken.
Just in time for iTunes 7. :p.
The current DRMed files are useless when backed up to a DVD unless you have the correct iTMS username/password.
B
Don't be so sure. The iTunes 6 audio DRM has only just been broken after almost 11 months of fervent effort, and as far as I know the video DRM has yet to be broken.
Just in time for iTunes 7. :p.
The current DRMed files are useless when backed up to a DVD unless you have the correct iTMS username/password.
B
jafd
Mar 24, 05:44 AM
The ONLY advantage of compression is to store more files/GB and it ALWAYS degrades the quality of the recording. Always. And you're championing this as preferable because......?????
Dude, I'm sorry to inform you that what you're saying is an outright lie, and there are guys from the Lossless Compression Clan, called "Apple Lossless codec", "FLAC", and "APE", standing with heavy cluebats in their hands, ready to perform a painful reality sync on anyone thinking compression ALWAYS degrades quality.
Because it doesn't, full stop.
Dude, I'm sorry to inform you that what you're saying is an outright lie, and there are guys from the Lossless Compression Clan, called "Apple Lossless codec", "FLAC", and "APE", standing with heavy cluebats in their hands, ready to perform a painful reality sync on anyone thinking compression ALWAYS degrades quality.
Because it doesn't, full stop.
wolfie37
Apr 21, 03:42 PM
And the non-story with the non-privacy issues goes on and on and on. Sometimes a little knowledge really is a bad thing. So some info is stored on your phone, and your computer and this results in a public outcry. Yet every mobile phone company has logs of where and when every text and call you made through them and data on which masts you were connected to at the time, regardless of wether you have a smart phone or a plain old dumb one. Credit card companies know what you spent, what you bought and where you bought it. Shops have data on when and where you purchased from them using your card. Airports/airlines know where you have been and when. I could go on.
All of these miss one key point, they are of no use except to someone with malicious intent, yet do we hear anything about addressing that which is the real issue. The biggest fear I have read about, in terms of numbers, is someone getting caught cheating on their partner. Think about it, no complaints about the cheating but about being caught!!! Just where is the sense of proportion and focus on the real issues???
All of these miss one key point, they are of no use except to someone with malicious intent, yet do we hear anything about addressing that which is the real issue. The biggest fear I have read about, in terms of numbers, is someone getting caught cheating on their partner. Think about it, no complaints about the cheating but about being caught!!! Just where is the sense of proportion and focus on the real issues???
vand0576
Sep 1, 12:22 PM
I'd really like to see that extra space house more USB ports and PCI slots, or even a eSATA port to make add on HDD space perform like it were right on the motherboard.
jaxstate
Aug 6, 09:18 PM
Blah, it should read "Mac OS X Leopard, introducing Panter 2.0"
reynodp
Feb 8, 07:34 PM
..........its my favorite color!

mozmac
Jul 18, 02:56 PM
The more I think about this, the more I like it. Apple has a lot of potential here. If they offered a rent and rent to own service, that would be optimal.
MacMan86
Apr 23, 07:50 PM
I live in MA and it was on the Boston news channels, CNN, MSNBC, Ars Technica, etc. It hit all of the major news outlets.
Doesn't make it any less sensationalist. It's just a file on a phone after all. Some people I know save their online banking passwords as contacts in their address book. I think there is far more appealing data on a phone besides this that people would rather get hold of (email accounts, Safari autofill passwords, call records�). Good luck to someone who has possession of my phone and now knows where I was 6 months ago, I bet knowing that will be invaluable to them� Maybe I should start having an affair or something to make it actually useful.
Doesn't make it any less sensationalist. It's just a file on a phone after all. Some people I know save their online banking passwords as contacts in their address book. I think there is far more appealing data on a phone besides this that people would rather get hold of (email accounts, Safari autofill passwords, call records�). Good luck to someone who has possession of my phone and now knows where I was 6 months ago, I bet knowing that will be invaluable to them� Maybe I should start having an affair or something to make it actually useful.
TangoCharlie
Aug 25, 05:47 AM
Both are pro-features, so it will be VERY unlikely that we will see them in the Mini.
At least another USB port would be nice. Two was pathetic, three's OK, but
four is more realistic number nowadays!
Personally, I'm not convinced that the mini is going to go Core 2 at all... I think we might see the "Solo" going "Duo" and the CPU speeds up'd a bit, that's all. Maybe, just maybe, the top-of-the-line Mac mini might get a Core 2 (Merom)..... :)
At least another USB port would be nice. Two was pathetic, three's OK, but
four is more realistic number nowadays!
Personally, I'm not convinced that the mini is going to go Core 2 at all... I think we might see the "Solo" going "Duo" and the CPU speeds up'd a bit, that's all. Maybe, just maybe, the top-of-the-line Mac mini might get a Core 2 (Merom)..... :)

celticpride678
Apr 1, 10:43 AM
Adding a printer has a new interface and you can now display a message on the screen if your screen is locked.
rmhop81
Sep 6, 12:07 PM
LOL, sucks for that guy!! :p well really depends on the price he paid.....it would really suck for him if the specs were exactly the same as the previous high end model but they aren't. Add an 80gb hard drive and a superdrive and that's another $150 or so.....all he is missing out on is the 1.83ghz processor which isn't that big of a deal.
Jopling
Nov 29, 05:19 PM
Maybe you can do video iChat sessions with an optional iSight camera right from the livingroom TV?
This reminds me of the old Zenith TVs with space phones where you could talk to a caller from the comfort of your sofa. (but voices usually sounded like it was underwater).
I still have one of those
This reminds me of the old Zenith TVs with space phones where you could talk to a caller from the comfort of your sofa. (but voices usually sounded like it was underwater).
I still have one of those
Slix
Mar 26, 02:49 PM
This looks pretty amazing.
kugino
Aug 6, 11:05 PM
will apple be broadcasting this at the union square store? i don't think they've done so in the past, but since i'm in the city this week i thought i'd mosey on down to the store at around 10 and see what's playing in the theater ;)
mterlouw
Sep 6, 09:52 AM
Is it just me, or does the $599 mini *not* let you configure it with a DVD burner?
hyperpasta
Aug 6, 09:20 PM
Blah, it should read "Mac OS X Leopard, introducing Panter 2.0"
ehhhhh? :confused:
ehhhhh? :confused:
CIA
Apr 12, 09:08 PM
What's pretty funny is that you're bitching about a layout complaint that's been rectified with an option since last October.
Fine. You all go and apply to work at a post house and put "iMovie" on your resume. See how long it takes for them to laugh you out the door.
I haven't really used iMovie since HD, so to be honest I don't really care what they do to it. It's "Super quick to capture and edit DV" time has come and gone.
Fine. You all go and apply to work at a post house and put "iMovie" on your resume. See how long it takes for them to laugh you out the door.
I haven't really used iMovie since HD, so to be honest I don't really care what they do to it. It's "Super quick to capture and edit DV" time has come and gone.
Flowbee
Nov 29, 01:56 PM
...And I just got my new dual-tuner Tivo yesterday. :o
Anyway, I'm not betting that "iTV" will be a Tivo repalcement (yet), but more of a TV interface for your downloaded video content, and hopefully some streaming video websites. It'd be nice to browse through YouTube while sitting on the sofa, though the picture quality might be scary on my 32" set.
Anyway, I'm not betting that "iTV" will be a Tivo repalcement (yet), but more of a TV interface for your downloaded video content, and hopefully some streaming video websites. It'd be nice to browse through YouTube while sitting on the sofa, though the picture quality might be scary on my 32" set.
kashimo
Aug 16, 08:02 PM
Apple's headquarters has begun dispatching its staff to its major markets in Asia, to teach local sales how to demonstrate the new products, the sources noted.
Something about this statement means iPhone and not new iPod. Reason? The MP3 playing phones are selling very very well and Apple will have to break into a market currently dominated by Sony, Toshiba, Samsung and other Asian makers that are producing MP3 playing phones. The current Toshiba models have 2+ GB space for music. My phone can hold 250MB of music (old).
Softbank of Japan (recently bought Vodafone Japan) has been tooting the upcoming technology that they want to present to the market to take a bigger bite out of DoCoMo.
There was a rumore a few months back that the iPhone would be released first in Japan and then other places. Reason? iPod sales are falling as more Japanese want to have just one item to do phone and music. If the iPhone can do all the functions of a nano and a phone, you bet it would be a huge hit in Japan. Therefore Apple would have to dispatch lots of tech people to help get it understood not to Apple staff (like all of us...it would be a no brainer of a product) but to Softbank staff (mostly young minimally educated girls in cute uniforms).
Something about this statement means iPhone and not new iPod. Reason? The MP3 playing phones are selling very very well and Apple will have to break into a market currently dominated by Sony, Toshiba, Samsung and other Asian makers that are producing MP3 playing phones. The current Toshiba models have 2+ GB space for music. My phone can hold 250MB of music (old).
Softbank of Japan (recently bought Vodafone Japan) has been tooting the upcoming technology that they want to present to the market to take a bigger bite out of DoCoMo.
There was a rumore a few months back that the iPhone would be released first in Japan and then other places. Reason? iPod sales are falling as more Japanese want to have just one item to do phone and music. If the iPhone can do all the functions of a nano and a phone, you bet it would be a huge hit in Japan. Therefore Apple would have to dispatch lots of tech people to help get it understood not to Apple staff (like all of us...it would be a no brainer of a product) but to Softbank staff (mostly young minimally educated girls in cute uniforms).
shawnce
Nov 18, 10:02 AM
Cheapest Two x 1GB sticks kit is $331 from Omni via this Ramseeker.com link (http://www.ramseeker.com/scripts/counter.php?http://www.omnitechnologies.biz/cgi-bin/catalog/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F714335&rnd=3227630&rrc=N&affl=B&cip=&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=APLMP2X1GB667O&cat=applem).
That to me spells crossover time since for only +$3 you only fill two slots instead of 4 for the same 4GB of RAM.
Cheapest Two x 2GB sticks kit is $665 at 18004memory via this Ramseeker kit (http://www.ramseeker.com/scripts/counter.php?http://www.18004memory.com/ramseeker/default.asp?itemid=502459).
I would recommend that you are 100% sure the RAM you get is thermally certified for the Mac Pro.
That to me spells crossover time since for only +$3 you only fill two slots instead of 4 for the same 4GB of RAM.
Cheapest Two x 2GB sticks kit is $665 at 18004memory via this Ramseeker kit (http://www.ramseeker.com/scripts/counter.php?http://www.18004memory.com/ramseeker/default.asp?itemid=502459).
I would recommend that you are 100% sure the RAM you get is thermally certified for the Mac Pro.
0815
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
256 should be perfect. If you need more space I'd say invest in a NAT or just external drive.
I do a ton of iMovie editing of trips n such and with itunes + movies + TV show's i'm only pushing 150gb right now on my MBP.
Just because 256 is 'perfect' for you does not mean it is perfect for everyone else. I need 500GB SSD. External drive solutions are just way to slow compared to internal SSD. The SSD upgrade on my Laptop was the best upgrade ever, now I want an 27'' iMac with 500GB SSD and lots of memory.
I do a ton of iMovie editing of trips n such and with itunes + movies + TV show's i'm only pushing 150gb right now on my MBP.
Just because 256 is 'perfect' for you does not mean it is perfect for everyone else. I need 500GB SSD. External drive solutions are just way to slow compared to internal SSD. The SSD upgrade on my Laptop was the best upgrade ever, now I want an 27'' iMac with 500GB SSD and lots of memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment