cmcconkey
Sep 26, 02:35 PM
You sound like a pain in the ass to have as a customer.
No actually I just want my bills to be correct. If that makes me a pain in the ass, then so be it. If someone that I am paying to provide me a service keeps screwing up my bills, and then say that they will have it fixed on the next billing cycle and then it doens't show up until a quarter of a year later. I guess that is too much to expect out of a company. I also deal with customers on a daily basis, so I know what is expected from a service provider.
Christopher
No actually I just want my bills to be correct. If that makes me a pain in the ass, then so be it. If someone that I am paying to provide me a service keeps screwing up my bills, and then say that they will have it fixed on the next billing cycle and then it doens't show up until a quarter of a year later. I guess that is too much to expect out of a company. I also deal with customers on a daily basis, so I know what is expected from a service provider.
Christopher
kevin.rivers
Jul 14, 11:19 AM
What's up with the personal insults? If you want to pay top dollar for incremental increases that's your choice. Most of us "professionals" would prefer the fastest systems available, because as we all know, time is money!
1: Where is this personal insult you speak of? You could have said this in the original post, instead you decided to call my comment "silly" with no reasoning. That is a personal insult, not to mention childish.
2: I don't pay top dollar for incremental increase. Why the assumption?
3: Professionals may upgrade processors, but they don't overclock. Overclocking causes instability and decreases the life of the chip. And take time to do it correctly. If time is money, then a professional doesn't have time to tinker with the FSB and multipliers for hours, then stability test at every change.
4: The poster was saying he wouldn't buy a MBP unless it was swappable or overclockable, which since the dawn of time there have only been a few laptops where this was possible. I simply stated that he was asking too much for laptops. MacPro's and other Intel iMacs of course will more than likely be swappable, which the poster stated and is true.
1: Where is this personal insult you speak of? You could have said this in the original post, instead you decided to call my comment "silly" with no reasoning. That is a personal insult, not to mention childish.
2: I don't pay top dollar for incremental increase. Why the assumption?
3: Professionals may upgrade processors, but they don't overclock. Overclocking causes instability and decreases the life of the chip. And take time to do it correctly. If time is money, then a professional doesn't have time to tinker with the FSB and multipliers for hours, then stability test at every change.
4: The poster was saying he wouldn't buy a MBP unless it was swappable or overclockable, which since the dawn of time there have only been a few laptops where this was possible. I simply stated that he was asking too much for laptops. MacPro's and other Intel iMacs of course will more than likely be swappable, which the poster stated and is true.
BBC B 32k
Aug 28, 01:23 PM
my cat has told me that there will be a 23" chin-less iMac with the new Core 2 Duo chips, 1gig std, wireless kbd and mouse std. Or he is just hungry - hard to tell just what he is saying but he has friends in high places (trees mostly)
still heres hoping he's spot on
still heres hoping he's spot on
skwert
Sep 13, 08:58 PM
seems fairly solid. MR has always been very reserved in claims about the iphone, and this is a fairly bold article. i'd love to see it....i just think i'll be cursing my verizon contract and their damn cdma phones once it comes out.
mrbrown
Mar 23, 07:17 PM
If you're drunk enough that you shouldn't be driving, no app is going to save you. It's as simple as that.
andrewbecks
Apr 30, 10:58 PM
Hey everyone!
I finally converted my parents from an 8 year old PC that I built for them to an iMac...last week. Hearing the news that the new Sandy Bridge processors are due on Tuesday, what recourse do we have? Can we return the 21.5" for the new one? What sort of restocking fees, etc. would we incur?
Thanks!
Lucky for you and your parents, Apple did away with the restocking fees just a few months ago. As long as you return it within the first 14 days, you shouldn't have any problems or pay any fees.
I finally converted my parents from an 8 year old PC that I built for them to an iMac...last week. Hearing the news that the new Sandy Bridge processors are due on Tuesday, what recourse do we have? Can we return the 21.5" for the new one? What sort of restocking fees, etc. would we incur?
Thanks!
Lucky for you and your parents, Apple did away with the restocking fees just a few months ago. As long as you return it within the first 14 days, you shouldn't have any problems or pay any fees.
CrackedButter
Sep 19, 05:29 PM
My point is...
1) The Movies take up huge amounts of storage space.
2) I hate having to always plug external drives into my iBook.
3) We need redundancy for storing these movies we buy. An "external HD" just won't cut it.
4) If I want to take my iBook on the road with me, then how are the other people in my house going to access the Movies and other media via iTV if it's stored on my iBook or some "external HD" which requires a host computer to be of any use.
1) Thanks for reminding me, i forgot that fact.
2) But you'll happily have a RAID array and plug THAT into your iBook?
3) Yeah you said, a RAID array... a sort of external HD, but in an array.
4) If you take your iBook on the road with you, then how are the other people in your house going to access the movies and other media via iTV if its stored on your "RAID array" which requires a host computer to be of any use?
You have high expectations for Apple then? Its going to be some RAID array!
1) The Movies take up huge amounts of storage space.
2) I hate having to always plug external drives into my iBook.
3) We need redundancy for storing these movies we buy. An "external HD" just won't cut it.
4) If I want to take my iBook on the road with me, then how are the other people in my house going to access the Movies and other media via iTV if it's stored on my iBook or some "external HD" which requires a host computer to be of any use.
1) Thanks for reminding me, i forgot that fact.
2) But you'll happily have a RAID array and plug THAT into your iBook?
3) Yeah you said, a RAID array... a sort of external HD, but in an array.
4) If you take your iBook on the road with you, then how are the other people in your house going to access the movies and other media via iTV if its stored on your "RAID array" which requires a host computer to be of any use?
You have high expectations for Apple then? Its going to be some RAID array!
Eidorian
Jul 14, 09:36 AM
Awesome!
Why 2 negatives over 1 positive? Wow.
Is there a way you can upgrade this new chip on previous intel mac? Just wondering. This is new to me.
iMac = Socket 479 (Yonah)
Conroe = Socket 775
So, no.
Why 2 negatives over 1 positive? Wow.
Is there a way you can upgrade this new chip on previous intel mac? Just wondering. This is new to me.
iMac = Socket 479 (Yonah)
Conroe = Socket 775
So, no.
ctachme
Jul 14, 09:20 AM
The Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme are widely expected to make their Mac debut in Apple's PowerMac computers which are rumored to be released on August 7th 2006 at the World Wide Developers Conference.
I want my MacBook Pro Core 2!!!.
I want my MacBook Pro Core 2!!!.
Eidorian
Sep 9, 11:33 AM
Wanna bet that Napa64 is 100% identical to ordinary Napa, apart from the fact that the CPU is Merom, instead of Yonah? Since Napa is a platform, just chaning the CPU to something else would mean that the platform has been refreshed.I'm a little skeptical about Napa64 as well. I did read the previous links and articles on it. Why make Merom backwards compatible with Yonah?
http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/09/09/preview_kentsfield_processor/
Tom's Hardware benchmarks Intel's first quad-core "Kentsfield"
Culver City (CA) - Intel's first quad-core processor "Kentsfield" has found its way into the Tom's Hardware test lab. Several weeks before Intel will provide evaluation processors to the press, Tom's Hardware was able to obtain a qualification sample: The quad-core was sent through the entire test parcours and showed impressive performance.Nice information there. I wanted a little heads up on Kentsfield. Still, isn't it dual Conroe's with separate cache and then over the front side bus?
http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/09/09/preview_kentsfield_processor/
Tom's Hardware benchmarks Intel's first quad-core "Kentsfield"
Culver City (CA) - Intel's first quad-core processor "Kentsfield" has found its way into the Tom's Hardware test lab. Several weeks before Intel will provide evaluation processors to the press, Tom's Hardware was able to obtain a qualification sample: The quad-core was sent through the entire test parcours and showed impressive performance.Nice information there. I wanted a little heads up on Kentsfield. Still, isn't it dual Conroe's with separate cache and then over the front side bus?
PowerGamerX
Apr 25, 01:28 PM
If it's carbon fiber it better not be naked. I hate the look of plain CF. My guess is it will still be out of aluminum, I'm not sure it will be any thinner though. Unless they want vastly underpowered machines of course. Or they could think of some clever way to increase airflow ala the ThinkPad X200's owl-wing based fan design.
I gather they'll drop the disc drive as well. Apple seems to have taken to black now, so perhaps we will see a black anodized aluminum config as well. I'm 99% sure they'll stick with the glass screens though.
I much preferred the white and silver they used to use for everything but oh well. :rolleyes:
Also where's my damn matte screen for the 13"?
I gather they'll drop the disc drive as well. Apple seems to have taken to black now, so perhaps we will see a black anodized aluminum config as well. I'm 99% sure they'll stick with the glass screens though.
I much preferred the white and silver they used to use for everything but oh well. :rolleyes:
Also where's my damn matte screen for the 13"?
0815
Apr 20, 12:33 PM
everyone here is on facebook, exposing their real names, friends, user uploaded photos that are under the control of facebook under the new TOS agreement, where they live, phone numbers, what they like, what they dislike, their status updates, etc.
I'm not .... (and I'm not on any other stupid social 'share my ****' sites) ... still, I dont have a problem to have the location data on MY phone and MY laptop unaccessible for anyone else :)
I'm not .... (and I'm not on any other stupid social 'share my ****' sites) ... still, I dont have a problem to have the location data on MY phone and MY laptop unaccessible for anyone else :)
Repo
Apr 30, 08:46 PM
Maybe doom and gloom is just empowering for some folks. It seems short sighted to me.
There's a difference between short-sightedness and having an educated opinion.
There's a difference between short-sightedness and having an educated opinion.
zero2dash
Aug 28, 12:43 PM
With the switch to Intel, Apple may have to provide timely upgrades to remain competitive with Windows-based PC manufacturers.
Apple isn't trying to remain competitive with anyone. :rolleyes:
Never have, never will.
They march to the beat of their own drum.
Apple isn't trying to remain competitive with anyone. :rolleyes:
Never have, never will.
They march to the beat of their own drum.
szark
Sep 15, 06:33 PM
What is NIH syndrome?
NIH = not invented here. apple was notorious for this behavior in the 80s and 90s, much to their detriment, and success.
Just to further clarify -- NIH syndrome is when a company chooses not to use technologies invented by other companies in its own products. They prefer to design and build the entire package themselves, in-house.
I'm not that interested in an iPhone. Apple would need to add some very unique features for me to consider buying one.
NIH = not invented here. apple was notorious for this behavior in the 80s and 90s, much to their detriment, and success.
Just to further clarify -- NIH syndrome is when a company chooses not to use technologies invented by other companies in its own products. They prefer to design and build the entire package themselves, in-house.
I'm not that interested in an iPhone. Apple would need to add some very unique features for me to consider buying one.
gauriemma
Aug 28, 09:53 PM
This was one of the things I was afraid would happen with the Intel switch--a new processor every eight minutes. At least with the PPCs, there were predictable, manageable gaps between bumps.
sinsin07
Mar 23, 06:17 PM
you don't think a web app will pop up for this the second these apps are removed from the store?
***I am 100% against drunk driving, if you drive drunk you are ignorant and should be put in jail. period.
Point not relevant. Apple runs the biggest app store in the world with the most desired devices on the planet, as evidences by 200 people standing in line at the Fifth Ave store at 5:55 AM in the rain this morning,, 12 days after the release of the iPad2.
***I am 100% against drunk driving, if you drive drunk you are ignorant and should be put in jail. period.
Point not relevant. Apple runs the biggest app store in the world with the most desired devices on the planet, as evidences by 200 people standing in line at the Fifth Ave store at 5:55 AM in the rain this morning,, 12 days after the release of the iPad2.
mrsir2009
Apr 25, 01:42 AM
wow clearly no one in your family should not be hind the wheel of a car.
You all do road rage.
One day someone will pull a gun on you.
Sadly the cop was a crappy investigatory because your mom did an illegally lane changed. plus road rage and really there was a lot of room to prove it but you had a lazy cop and then a mother who lies and teachers her son to lie and pull the same crap.
Speaking of road rage: Recently my Nana leaned out the window of her car and shook her fist at a taxi driver because he accidentally cut her off or something. It was so funny, and it was good that the taxi driver didn't take offense ;)
You all do road rage.
One day someone will pull a gun on you.
Sadly the cop was a crappy investigatory because your mom did an illegally lane changed. plus road rage and really there was a lot of room to prove it but you had a lazy cop and then a mother who lies and teachers her son to lie and pull the same crap.
Speaking of road rage: Recently my Nana leaned out the window of her car and shook her fist at a taxi driver because he accidentally cut her off or something. It was so funny, and it was good that the taxi driver didn't take offense ;)
iJaz
Sep 14, 03:58 AM
I want one :cool:
JAT
Mar 23, 04:48 PM
MADD needs to come out with an application that makes it easier for citizens to notify the cops of reckless and drunk drivers instead of having congress pull these apps!!!
Which people can use while....driving?
Which people can use while....driving?
PhantomPumpkin
Feb 14, 10:27 AM
Thanks for reminding me to put you on ignore. I know how easy it is to identify an operating system, but if they bothered to make a message just for Mac users it stands to reason they made malware for Mac users too. Or would they just make the message for fun? We all know what funny guys malware writers are.
It doesn't matter if it hasn't propagated, it never even would have happened in the past. The more malware attacks there are on the Mac, the greater the chance of one of them actually becoming a widespread nuisance.
You do realize with that it's essentially an additional if/then statement, versus coding something from the ground up. They're not changing their code to include the iOS, they're changing their code to include a new output if it detects the iOS/Mac OS tag. It's really not that hard to do.
It doesn't matter if it hasn't propagated, it never even would have happened in the past. The more malware attacks there are on the Mac, the greater the chance of one of them actually becoming a widespread nuisance.
You do realize with that it's essentially an additional if/then statement, versus coding something from the ground up. They're not changing their code to include the iOS, they're changing their code to include a new output if it detects the iOS/Mac OS tag. It's really not that hard to do.
Sabenth
Aug 23, 05:39 PM
I hope this eventually leads to Sound Blaster support for macs.
dought that very much there are better sound cards on the market
dought that very much there are better sound cards on the market
Cheerwino
Apr 28, 03:54 PM
Steve Ballmer about the iPhone...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eywi0h_Y5_U
"The problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste." - Steve Jobs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR8SAFRBmcU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eywi0h_Y5_U
"The problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste." - Steve Jobs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR8SAFRBmcU&feature=related
pengu
Sep 17, 07:54 PM
http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/servicePlansOptionsV2/FreeClearFairFlexiblePlans.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1436723&CURRENT_USER%3C%3EATR_SCID=ECOMM&CURRENT_USER%3C%3EATR_PCode=None&CURRENT_USER%3C%3EATR_cartState=group
um.. ok im not sure that is really a response. that just tells me that you can add a phone to your plan for $10.
um.. ok im not sure that is really a response. that just tells me that you can add a phone to your plan for $10.
No comments:
Post a Comment