ucfgrad93
Apr 24, 11:45 PM
Today I was doing 90mph+
That is not safe. It is a shame you didn't get a ticket.
I seriously wish that .50 cal guns would be options on cars so that I could just blow up people like her.
So do I. I would use them on people who think it is safe to travel 90+ mph on the freeway.:rolleyes:
That is not safe. It is a shame you didn't get a ticket.
I seriously wish that .50 cal guns would be options on cars so that I could just blow up people like her.
So do I. I would use them on people who think it is safe to travel 90+ mph on the freeway.:rolleyes:
wwooden
Sep 12, 02:42 PM
I very much would like to have seen the prices remain the same and include an AC adapter again.
If you buy this iPod and an AC adapter it is still cheaper than before.
If you buy this iPod and an AC adapter it is still cheaper than before.
zenmac
Jul 15, 07:51 AM
Have anybody seen a benchmark which compares the core 2 duo with the actuall core duo?
I can only see benchmarks between core 2 duo and AMD CPU's and standard dual core Pentium 4 cpu.
Thanks
Masoud
I can only see benchmarks between core 2 duo and AMD CPU's and standard dual core Pentium 4 cpu.
Thanks
Masoud
miamialley
Mar 30, 11:40 AM
IMO it's like Publix or Kroger trying to claim the rights to "grocery store."
Or maybe more like if McDonald's tried to claim the rights to "burgers."
Or maybe more like if McDonald's tried to claim the rights to "burgers."
JAT
Mar 30, 12:10 PM
Its important to always note context.
Windows may be generic but only when you're trying to trademark the term for actual windows. Windows doesn't describe an OS....
I agree with the rest of your post, but this is incorrect. "Windows" the trademarked term did not come up yesterday like "appstore". It was first used for a new version of DOSshell, all it could claim was a gui interface on MS-DOS, aka "windows". MS-DOS was an OS, Windows through at least Win98 was not.
But that fight was resolved (poorly) years ago, people should stop using it as a reference.
Windows may be generic but only when you're trying to trademark the term for actual windows. Windows doesn't describe an OS....
I agree with the rest of your post, but this is incorrect. "Windows" the trademarked term did not come up yesterday like "appstore". It was first used for a new version of DOSshell, all it could claim was a gui interface on MS-DOS, aka "windows". MS-DOS was an OS, Windows through at least Win98 was not.
But that fight was resolved (poorly) years ago, people should stop using it as a reference.

0815
Apr 20, 12:37 PM
I'm not on Facebook.
And for a lot of things I can chose to opt-out, or even better, I get to opt-in.
This is stored without me knowing, the data is stored unencrypted, and for most owners, the data will end up on their computers unencrypted.
Apple, Google, or my phone provider storing this information in their servers is a different issue than it being stored on the phone.
So did you opt-in that the government / law enforcement gets the tracking data of your phone (smart-phone,dumb-phone,whatever-phone) .... well does not really matter because they don't care if you opted in or not, they just store it on THEIR server (which is quite different than having it on my phone and my laptop with only me having access ... well its still stored on the government server)
And for a lot of things I can chose to opt-out, or even better, I get to opt-in.
This is stored without me knowing, the data is stored unencrypted, and for most owners, the data will end up on their computers unencrypted.
Apple, Google, or my phone provider storing this information in their servers is a different issue than it being stored on the phone.
So did you opt-in that the government / law enforcement gets the tracking data of your phone (smart-phone,dumb-phone,whatever-phone) .... well does not really matter because they don't care if you opted in or not, they just store it on THEIR server (which is quite different than having it on my phone and my laptop with only me having access ... well its still stored on the government server)
codymac
Apr 20, 01:27 PM
...
Our privacy is not based on "nobody knows", it's based on "nobody cares."
You can't hear it, but I'm clapping in response to your post.
:)
Our privacy is not based on "nobody knows", it's based on "nobody cares."
You can't hear it, but I'm clapping in response to your post.
:)
X5-452
Aug 28, 12:29 PM
So, uh.... PowerBook G5's tomorrow?
Tomacorno
Mar 23, 05:00 PM
I hope this does not make it harder to get my app approved. iBurgle, tells you where all the squads are in a 3 mile radius.
Tones2
Mar 29, 12:25 PM
Over FOUR YEARS, which is a major amount of time in this market, I think iOS, Andriod and Windows phones with all be pretty much the same. I think there's going to be a point where that not more more to do with hardware in terms of innovative features. The OS's themselves are really just shells for running apps anyway, and they will all do this fairly effectively in similar ways, a lot like OSX and Win7 are two good OS's. The key will be the app market, which Apple currently holds a huge lead, but in 4 years it would seem that Android and Windows will catch up in terms of IMPORTANT apps to run, so that will be levelized as well.
The iPhone will always have the crazy fanboys to their advantage but Android and Windows phones have the flexibility factor of an open platform where a number of manufacturers can make phones at different price points in different markets.
So in 4 years, I think all will have similar market shares, with iOS being at the bottom of the three just in terms of number of phones because of the closed platform syndrome, but not by much. However, the iPhone will be the most profitable of the three for the OS manufacturers since Apple also maks the hardware.
So let's call it a tie - everybody wins, including the consumer. Remember fanboys - competition and choice is a GOOD thing!
Tony
The iPhone will always have the crazy fanboys to their advantage but Android and Windows phones have the flexibility factor of an open platform where a number of manufacturers can make phones at different price points in different markets.
So in 4 years, I think all will have similar market shares, with iOS being at the bottom of the three just in terms of number of phones because of the closed platform syndrome, but not by much. However, the iPhone will be the most profitable of the three for the OS manufacturers since Apple also maks the hardware.
So let's call it a tie - everybody wins, including the consumer. Remember fanboys - competition and choice is a GOOD thing!
Tony
guzhogi
Aug 23, 06:26 PM
I hope this means that Creative would port its Soundblaster X-Fi to Macs. I'm sure this would help bring game developers, too.

APPLENEWBIE
Sep 8, 08:25 AM
I'm calling it now. Apple's new "media center" device will be the iPod itself. I'm thinking that Apple will release a dock well suited for high definition video output to an HD tv.
People will purchase movies on iTunes, their movies will be transfered to their iPod upon updating and then, they can take their iPod to their TV (or anybody elses) for viewing movies on the large screen.
Remember.. I called it ;)
I was just thinking something along those lines. You sit at the couch, iPod in hand. Use it as a super remote control, cycling through movies, iMovie, iTunes, quicktime content etc. With or without the TV on. iPod screen shows same thing as the tv display (control-wise). content is streamed from the media center which is nothing more than a wireless transfer device from your computer, or maybe it is all self contained content, or both. Hmmmmm.:rolleyes:
People will purchase movies on iTunes, their movies will be transfered to their iPod upon updating and then, they can take their iPod to their TV (or anybody elses) for viewing movies on the large screen.
Remember.. I called it ;)
I was just thinking something along those lines. You sit at the couch, iPod in hand. Use it as a super remote control, cycling through movies, iMovie, iTunes, quicktime content etc. With or without the TV on. iPod screen shows same thing as the tv display (control-wise). content is streamed from the media center which is nothing more than a wireless transfer device from your computer, or maybe it is all self contained content, or both. Hmmmmm.:rolleyes:
JQW
Apr 11, 03:56 PM
Is anyone here educated enough to explain to me how to compile and run this thing?
I can't find a way to install avahi. Tried installing it via fink - no luck.
MacPorts requires xcode, but I don't really want to install xcode. takes up a lot of space.
Even though I know some things I'd still prefer if someone would make a step-by-step how-to for me.
Thank you in advance.
It's probably a bit tricky for the novice.
To get the code to compile you need to ensure that the relevant development libraries for libao and openSSL are installed, in addition to a working installation of gcc and the standard C library. Then run 'make' to compile.
You then need to get the relevant avahi daemons installed and running. I've no experience of using these under Mac OSX, but they're included in many Linux distributions.
The final issue is with Perl, as you need to compile and install several Perl modules before the provided Perl script will run. These can be obtained from the CPAN repository, which also offers various different methods for automating the compilation of these modules and any dependencies, dependant upon the version of Perl that is currently installed.
I was going to have a go at installing everything under Linux earlier today, but I've had problems getting Ubuntu to install on the machine I've set aside due to hardware peculiarities. I'll be having another go tomorrow.
I can't find a way to install avahi. Tried installing it via fink - no luck.
MacPorts requires xcode, but I don't really want to install xcode. takes up a lot of space.
Even though I know some things I'd still prefer if someone would make a step-by-step how-to for me.
Thank you in advance.
It's probably a bit tricky for the novice.
To get the code to compile you need to ensure that the relevant development libraries for libao and openSSL are installed, in addition to a working installation of gcc and the standard C library. Then run 'make' to compile.
You then need to get the relevant avahi daemons installed and running. I've no experience of using these under Mac OSX, but they're included in many Linux distributions.
The final issue is with Perl, as you need to compile and install several Perl modules before the provided Perl script will run. These can be obtained from the CPAN repository, which also offers various different methods for automating the compilation of these modules and any dependencies, dependant upon the version of Perl that is currently installed.
I was going to have a go at installing everything under Linux earlier today, but I've had problems getting Ubuntu to install on the machine I've set aside due to hardware peculiarities. I'll be having another go tomorrow.
E.Lizardo
Apr 22, 06:59 AM
Other songs from their hard drives. That would be truly awesome! I do hope that that makes it into the final product.
Yes it would be quite stunning.Without that the service would be useless to me.I only have a handful of songs from iTunes.When I buy it is in this order:
Used CD
Discounted new CD
Amazon Download
iTunes download
Price rules!
Yes it would be quite stunning.Without that the service would be useless to me.I only have a handful of songs from iTunes.When I buy it is in this order:
Used CD
Discounted new CD
Amazon Download
iTunes download
Price rules!
ezekielrage_99
Aug 23, 10:25 PM
Still got to love the fact that Dell wouldn't do anything for the consumers without tha dang video hitting the net.
Got to love customer relations :cool:
Got to love customer relations :cool:
Ieo
Apr 4, 11:55 AM
Eh....While I make a terrible liberal because I believe gun control isn't a big issue, there IS such a thing as a lost cause, and that people usually get what they deserve.... I also make a terrible conservative in that I don't think a mall cop should be carrying a ****ing firearm, nor should he be going for a killing shot- shoulder/leg at MOST. And anyway, from the sound of it, they weren't even in the store yet- they were still in the process of breaking in. REAL police are hesitant to fire upon a fleeing suspect, why the **** is a mall cop shooting people in the head who are running away without any stolen property? Answer: Because he's not a real police officer and he shouldn't be carrying a ****ing firearm. Sounds like this will be hitting the courtrooms.
*Edit*
They've updated the post since I posted that...The suspects were armed and firing, so I retract the bit about shooting a fleeing suspect. I'm still not comfortable with a mall cop carrying lethal force....there are plenty of less-than-lethal options out there.
*Edit*
They've updated the post since I posted that...The suspects were armed and firing, so I retract the bit about shooting a fleeing suspect. I'm still not comfortable with a mall cop carrying lethal force....there are plenty of less-than-lethal options out there.
Chris Bangle
Oct 12, 12:26 PM
If it was recorded today, then the audience must know... Im nowhere near America so I cant ask them... Surely someone else apart from this source will confirm it for us... There has to be a few apple fans in the audience....
Dagless
Apr 28, 07:53 PM
LOL @ all the people claiming Microsoft is dead. I mean, seriously? They were $76 million worse off from Apple and according to most people on this forum, Microsoft aren't pulling their socks up and trying and innovating anymore. I don't think that is at all bad at all. Lazing around and still making a profit at the end of the day.
Makes you slightly embarrassed to be an Apple user doesn't it?
Makes you slightly embarrassed to be an Apple user doesn't it?
rotobadger
Mar 30, 12:18 PM
The term Burger Store has no mindshare from what I know with the general public. No one uses it as a brand name....yet.
You bring up a good point though. "App" and "Store" existed long before it (allegedly) belonged to Apple. Apple spent a lot of money making "AppStore" a recognizable name.
BurgerStore is nothing now. But if a company spends millions of dollars making it valuable, shouldn't they own it?
You bring up a good point though. "App" and "Store" existed long before it (allegedly) belonged to Apple. Apple spent a lot of money making "AppStore" a recognizable name.
BurgerStore is nothing now. But if a company spends millions of dollars making it valuable, shouldn't they own it?
0815
Apr 25, 01:32 PM
Umm, you do realize the processor can be 10000000x faster, the system is still completely hammed by the 5600rpm hard drive they put in there. Most tasks are faster on an Air then a 17" Pro. And if you're doing heavy lifting get a Mac Pro. People who bought the new processors don't enjoy the benefits 90% of the time.
You must be a spec sheet reader, not someone who intelligently analyzes what they buy.
I don't care anymore about speed of the processors. All of the newer generations are faster than what I need - the only upgrade that is worth it for me is going full SSD. I upgraded one older MacBook with an SSD and it's the best upgrade I ever did - worth more than any other upgrade, it is amazing who that old MacBook got from 'good too use' to 'feels insane fast'. Application startup time can't be measured anymore (some apps took >15sec before, now it's less than one second). From that experience, I would rather take a slower processore but the best SSD I can get.
I know, there are some use cases where the processor speed counts - but just for compiling code and running other apps, I don't care anymore. The big bottleneck these days is the harddrive.
You must be a spec sheet reader, not someone who intelligently analyzes what they buy.
I don't care anymore about speed of the processors. All of the newer generations are faster than what I need - the only upgrade that is worth it for me is going full SSD. I upgraded one older MacBook with an SSD and it's the best upgrade I ever did - worth more than any other upgrade, it is amazing who that old MacBook got from 'good too use' to 'feels insane fast'. Application startup time can't be measured anymore (some apps took >15sec before, now it's less than one second). From that experience, I would rather take a slower processore but the best SSD I can get.
I know, there are some use cases where the processor speed counts - but just for compiling code and running other apps, I don't care anymore. The big bottleneck these days is the harddrive.
bdj21ya
Oct 12, 01:14 PM
Granted, this is a good thing.
But does anyone else find it ironic that the iPods in question are being made by people who according to media reports could use this type of financial subsidization as well?
It's not really the same. They are poor and struggling to improve their lives, but their entire people is not being wiped out by a disease that they don't have the resources to understand, much less combat.
But does anyone else find it ironic that the iPods in question are being made by people who according to media reports could use this type of financial subsidization as well?
It's not really the same. They are poor and struggling to improve their lives, but their entire people is not being wiped out by a disease that they don't have the resources to understand, much less combat.
DRewPi
Sep 2, 12:17 PM
Hey guys, just hope some stuff comes out on the 5th, like new MBP with some C2D, i guess that should show up... and doesn't need any kind of keynote show.... and maybe the mini ... to with some improved specs ... as far fot the MB, that is what I'm waiting for ... shouldn't show up at least by the end of the month !!! But who KNOWS ..... ???? :rolleyes: A litle suprise would be nice !!!!
BlizzardBomb
Jul 14, 12:28 PM
Yeah, if they can fit a Conroe into the iMac, more power to Apple. I just hope it doesn't turn it into the blast furnace my iMac G5 was.
From what I can tell Merom is just a Conroe that can operate at a lower TDP. They're all just fabricated off the same piece of silicon. (Someone posted an image on this.)
I believe only Rev. As and Rev. Bs are blast furnaces, Rev. C iMac G5 was supposedly much quieter thanks to the bulged case.
I know the image you're talking about. Meroms on the inside, Conroes on the outside ring, Celerons furthest out.
From what I can tell Merom is just a Conroe that can operate at a lower TDP. They're all just fabricated off the same piece of silicon. (Someone posted an image on this.)
I believe only Rev. As and Rev. Bs are blast furnaces, Rev. C iMac G5 was supposedly much quieter thanks to the bulged case.
I know the image you're talking about. Meroms on the inside, Conroes on the outside ring, Celerons furthest out.
tCruzin4lyfe
Apr 19, 08:48 AM
I don't see why everybody mad at Apple, Samsung's products do look like iPhone, iPad rip-offs. They look very identical so I can understand why Apple is doing it. Force these other companies to be more creative. I don't know how many times I've seen my friends walk around with other devices such as these and the question they get asked the most is "is that an iPhone?", "can I see it?".
No comments:
Post a Comment