nato64
Mar 30, 06:21 PM
I see it now- weird, thanks!
Yeah, that threw me off too at first when installing apps from the Mac App Store in Lion. But it makes so much more sense than dumping everything in your dock.
Yeah, that threw me off too at first when installing apps from the Mac App Store in Lion. But it makes so much more sense than dumping everything in your dock.
Small White Car
Apr 5, 01:10 PM
Kind of weird, Apple should not be meddling in that stuff. Way way too domineering.
Apple should absolutely have asked for this.
Toyota should have said 'no,' but for Apple to not ask at all would have been irresponsible. They're being consistant, which is a good thing.
Apple should absolutely have asked for this.
Toyota should have said 'no,' but for Apple to not ask at all would have been irresponsible. They're being consistant, which is a good thing.

bkonings
May 9, 01:15 PM
yes it is.
Anyway, you don't need an email address, just an account (username/password).
No its not, go here:
https://myinfo.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyInfo.woa
Login with your current appleid, click apple id and change it to whatever you like. If you, like me, had a separate itunes and mobileme account you can change you emailadres here aswell to the mobilme-email account. Now you get your itunes mail on your mobileme :)
Anyway, you don't need an email address, just an account (username/password).
No its not, go here:
https://myinfo.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyInfo.woa
Login with your current appleid, click apple id and change it to whatever you like. If you, like me, had a separate itunes and mobileme account you can change you emailadres here aswell to the mobilme-email account. Now you get your itunes mail on your mobileme :)
carrako
Mar 30, 08:26 PM
Hate the new iCal look. ughh... Come on Apple, very amateur.
bboucher790
Apr 26, 03:22 PM
Android phones don't blend.
0815
Apr 5, 02:44 PM
That's very true. But Apple (or any software, consumer electronics company) would be foolish to not close known security holes.
Yes, new holes will be found. And Apple will try to plug those up, as well. I can't see an argument for people complaining that Apple is patching security holes.
At least on iPhone you can apply the updates on the day they come out (well, JB versions have to wait a couple of days) ... compare this to Android and WinMobile7 where you are at the mercy of the carrier to 'enrich' the update with their 'features' which might take many weeks or month - if it ever comes.
Yes, new holes will be found. And Apple will try to plug those up, as well. I can't see an argument for people complaining that Apple is patching security holes.
At least on iPhone you can apply the updates on the day they come out (well, JB versions have to wait a couple of days) ... compare this to Android and WinMobile7 where you are at the mercy of the carrier to 'enrich' the update with their 'features' which might take many weeks or month - if it ever comes.
mikerr
Apr 26, 03:00 PM
iPads ABSOLUTELY contribute to that. If someone owns an iPad and bought a bunch of iOS apps, which smartphone do you think he's gonna buy next?
Except IMO its iPhone user buying iPads, not the other way around.
Having bought plenty of apps was tying me into iPhone for my next phone,
now I have an iPad - I feel less tied to iPhone and feel more free to buy an android...
Except IMO its iPhone user buying iPads, not the other way around.
Having bought plenty of apps was tying me into iPhone for my next phone,
now I have an iPad - I feel less tied to iPhone and feel more free to buy an android...
corywoolf
Aug 2, 11:02 AM
Mac Pro + Cinema Display (iSight), Leopard demo, Core 2 Duo, iMac, MacBook Pro. New Nano's too.
Long shot, iPhone.
Probably more like: iMac Update, Mac Pro, Cinema Display update, Leopard demo, one more thing: MacBook Pro case redesign.
Long shot, iPhone.
Probably more like: iMac Update, Mac Pro, Cinema Display update, Leopard demo, one more thing: MacBook Pro case redesign.
cere
Apr 5, 01:05 PM
"Toyota had agreed to do so to "maintain their good relationship with Apple," "
Toyota has a relationship with Apple, good or bad? Why? I don't see the connection.
Toyota has a relationship with Apple, good or bad? Why? I don't see the connection.
Consultant
Apr 26, 02:51 PM
Too bad Android makers are basically giving them away to gain market share.
And doesn't Nokia still making more money on ovi than Google's android store?
And doesn't Nokia still making more money on ovi than Google's android store?
BuffyzDead
Apr 18, 02:53 PM
Only in Business where two companies that are active partners, as Samsung is a major Vendor to Apple, can they this happen.
Of Course Apple is right to sue.
I always imagined that when Apple sends over all the blueprints, for the technologies/products that Apple asks Samsung to build, those Blueprints go right to Samsung R&D. To copy and learn from.
Of Course Apple is right to sue.
I always imagined that when Apple sends over all the blueprints, for the technologies/products that Apple asks Samsung to build, those Blueprints go right to Samsung R&D. To copy and learn from.
Tilpots
Apr 9, 08:53 PM
No it doesn't. It is perfectly noted and not ambiguous at all. Feel free to ask any teacher, what do you think is missing from the equation? Btw, what are basing your 100% figure on? Have u asked even one?
(48/2)(9+3) would be straight forward. The way the formula was originally typed lends interpretation as:
48/
2(9+3)
Why would someone choose to group one set with parentheses and not another unless they were being intentionally ambiguous?
Did you call your elementary school teacher? I didn't. They taught me well enough the first time.
(48/2)(9+3) would be straight forward. The way the formula was originally typed lends interpretation as:
48/
2(9+3)
Why would someone choose to group one set with parentheses and not another unless they were being intentionally ambiguous?
Did you call your elementary school teacher? I didn't. They taught me well enough the first time.
kalsta
May 6, 11:52 AM
Well they are not really french:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_fries
Right. That's the irony of it.
Or megaWatts. Look into large generators and data center infrastructure.
Okay. 'No one' was a hyperbole.
Gosh, I can't get anything past you guys today! ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_fries
Right. That's the irony of it.
Or megaWatts. Look into large generators and data center infrastructure.
Okay. 'No one' was a hyperbole.
Gosh, I can't get anything past you guys today! ;)
ThaDoggg
Mar 26, 10:47 PM
I'd rather they make it perfect...have good features...no bugs...instead of giving us crap.
BlizzardBomb
Aug 7, 02:12 PM
Hmm... Cinema displays also got a bump.
20" ACD
Brightness: 250 cd/m2 -> 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 400:1 -> 700:1
23" ACD
Brightness: 270 cd/m2 -> 400 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 400:1 -> 700:1
20" ACD
Brightness: 250 cd/m2 -> 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 400:1 -> 700:1
23" ACD
Brightness: 270 cd/m2 -> 400 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 400:1 -> 700:1
gorgeousninja
Apr 20, 05:40 AM
This will definitely be the first iteration of the iPhone that I will pass on. It's certainly not much of an upgrade from the iPhone 4.
you know that do you..it being still 6months away and all?
you know that do you..it being still 6months away and all?
coder12
Mar 29, 04:12 PM
gynecologist?? :D
Ummmmm... haha, possibly? :D
Ummmmm... haha, possibly? :D
treblah
Aug 3, 12:58 PM
Has Apple EVER released any consumer products at WWDC? It sounds like some people are going to be in for a real dissapointment when no iphone comes out. I thought they were trying to transition from releases at big conferences anyway.
iSight? (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/06/20030623160609.shtml)
iSight? (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/06/20030623160609.shtml)
-aggie-
May 4, 04:19 PM
We have to go forward, otherwise we'll just end up back where we started and not have leveled up.
Prom1
Aug 3, 12:43 PM
My first expectation is to see the isight in the MacBook Pros improved 1.3MP/2.0MP resolutions.
Mac Pro in some form or another.
but to see Multimedia & Teblah goto war after the keynote finishes?
... Priceless!;) :D :p
Mac Pro in some form or another.
but to see Multimedia & Teblah goto war after the keynote finishes?
... Priceless!;) :D :p
Hrududu
May 7, 09:51 AM
Its about time they made it free. iTools was free :cool:
doctor-don
Apr 26, 02:57 PM
One interesting thing to note. Apple held 25% of recent acquirers with 2 phone models. The iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. They are also on only 2 carriers, and have only been with Verizon for part of the time leading up to the march survey. Android however is on dozens of handsets and all four US carriers. I would say apple is doing amazingly well when you consider those specifics.
I am not worried about iOS not having a larger chunk of the market, I am blown away that it has 25%.
Too bad Apple didn't see the light and make its iPhone available across all carriers.
I am not worried about iOS not having a larger chunk of the market, I am blown away that it has 25%.
Too bad Apple didn't see the light and make its iPhone available across all carriers.
alent1234
Mar 29, 09:06 AM
It's yet another Dropbox offering that's a long ways behind awesome-integration with other products (Lots of apps sync data between devices via Dropbox). And, if I put a music file into dropbox I can play it, mobile device independent.
Also, why would I only want my music accessible when I have internet? Any road trips from where I live (Utah) generally put me in EDGE territory which won't be consistently fast enough to stream the audio at enough quality, let alone the fact that there are several dead spots along the way. I'll stick to having my music on my iPhone. No buffer, no stutter, no data usage. Oh, yeah. That. Data usage. With carriers bottlenecking you now, you think they'll favor Amazon cloud delivery for people who want to stream their music all day long? They (Amazon) will probably also do some more compression on the files so it'll sound like listening to your music in a tin can.
At first glance, being very pessimistic, I'm not really interested in this product.
you might have missed apple's product release strategy in the last 15 years. release a product with a limited set of features that work well and add on later.
same strategy here. if amazon waits until every possible listening scenario is taken care of they will never release a product. look at the kindle, all it does is let you read books and cheaply. and people love it
Also, why would I only want my music accessible when I have internet? Any road trips from where I live (Utah) generally put me in EDGE territory which won't be consistently fast enough to stream the audio at enough quality, let alone the fact that there are several dead spots along the way. I'll stick to having my music on my iPhone. No buffer, no stutter, no data usage. Oh, yeah. That. Data usage. With carriers bottlenecking you now, you think they'll favor Amazon cloud delivery for people who want to stream their music all day long? They (Amazon) will probably also do some more compression on the files so it'll sound like listening to your music in a tin can.
At first glance, being very pessimistic, I'm not really interested in this product.
you might have missed apple's product release strategy in the last 15 years. release a product with a limited set of features that work well and add on later.
same strategy here. if amazon waits until every possible listening scenario is taken care of they will never release a product. look at the kindle, all it does is let you read books and cheaply. and people love it
rdrr
Sep 15, 05:05 PM
According to this review, it runs measurably (not necessarily significantly) cooler with longer battery life, etc.
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=288
And according to Steve, when he announed the Intel switch, one of the reasons was the G5 couldn't fit into the PB because of heat. Well the MBP runs hotter than my G4 PB. I'll believe it once I feel them at the store.
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=288
And according to Steve, when he announed the Intel switch, one of the reasons was the G5 couldn't fit into the PB because of heat. Well the MBP runs hotter than my G4 PB. I'll believe it once I feel them at the store.
No comments:
Post a Comment