Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Indoor Street Art by Paul Baines

Indoor Street Art by Paul Baines


Bicicleta Sem Freio

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 06:34 AM PDT

Bicicleta Sem Freio aka "Bicycle Without Brakes" are a Brazilian arts collective that makes up in talent what it lacks in number. With just three illustrators : Douglas de Castro, Victor Rocha, and Renato Reno. I first spotted these guys at Flickr and was blown away by the level of talent. There's definitely an in-house style that takes me back to all the wild acid-laden gigs, bands, parties and movies that were going on in the 70s whilst I played with my Buckaroo and Action Man.

Revista GLOSS Noitada Monstro N DESIGN Mugo estampa MUGO DESPERATE CITY Monstro Discose IdeaFixa Hellbenders Expo cartazes galeria pixel show porto alegre 2010. Estampa BDC CB bar Bicicleta Sem Freio BDC na Argentina + Argentina dia 9 April Pro Rock

Brazil must be about the most exciting place to live in right now, unlike everywhere else their economy is booming, house prices are going up, and every street corner seems to have at least one artistic genius. Bicicleta Sem Freio are just one more example of how much talent there is in Brazil right now. I'm sure a lot of Japanese Manga and art fans have been straying over the past few years, I know I have. It's not just the flowing fluid liquid lines of Brazilian art, but the subject matter. Bicicleta Sem Freio love to rock, they love babes, and at least on an artistic level a drug-induced multi-coloured multiverse and the looming spectre of death. Yet there isn't even a sugar skull in sight, just gorgeous hippies in peril, bikers running amok and some of the most surreal yet beautifully conceived posters I've seen in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...