Nipper's Nook |
| My Thanksgiving Schedule and Crème Fraîche Posted: 15 Nov 2010 11:36 AM PST Here is the second installment in my getting-ready-for-Thanksgiving posts. Here is a sample schedule that I will be using this year, which will help ease the stress (Yeah, right) of the Holiday:
I use the Crème Fraîche (basically a very rich sour cream) in my apple pie (I will share this recipe in the next few days) and any leftovers you may have can be easily used as an additional garnish for your mashed/whipped potatoes. The recipe for the Crème Fraîche is very easy and takes very little preparation, however, it does take 24 hours for it set, so it is best to make the one or two days before you plan on making your apple pie. For example, I usually make the pie on Tuesday, so I will start the Crème Fraîche on Sunday night. Crème Fraîche: Things you'll need: Heavy Cream...1 cup Butter Milk...1 Tbsp jar w/lid...1 Putting it together...
Any left-over Crème Fraîche can be used as a very rich sour cream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment